Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

10 Weeks

I am officially 10 weeks today. I had my first appointment with my doctor today. Matt and I were able to hear the heartbeat! I was so excited! Everything checked out fine. I really like my doctor. She is very sociable, knowledgable, and willing to answer all of my questions (which I have a ton of!). One thing she told me to do was to throw away "What to Expect When You're Expecting." She said there are much better books to be reading. The one she recommened is "The Complete Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth" by Sheila Kitzinger. I had read some of "What to Expect..." and found that I was skipping a lot of the material and didn't feel like I was really learning anything. So, I was glad she told me to throw it away and recommended this book. I don't think I will have another ultrasound until our 20 week ultrasound, but here is the picture from our ultrasound at 6 weeks.


9 comments:

Courtney said...

How sweet! Can't wait to meet him or her. Another book to read for fun is The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. I have it if you want to read it. It is funny, sometimes you just need a laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

I STILL can't believe my little Stynch is pregnant! AHHHH!

Sara W said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! =)

WanderingLili said...

10 weeks down, only 30 to go! We're counting down.

Little Blue House said...

Oh I am so glad you like your doctor! How are you feeling? Still good?

Amy Ogles said...

I'm glad everything is going well. What a fun time! Enjoy!

The Shirley's said...

YAY!!!!! Kristin I am so happy for you guys. PRaise God!!!! I will continue to keep you, Matt and baby Nichols in my prayers.
YAY!!!!!
Randi

annecase said...

So glad that your Dr's appt went well! Can't wait til you have your 20 week ultrasound...it's even more amazing than you can imagine! Keep us posted on your progress!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin!
I have never read your blog but saw the link today and clicked to read. I'm thrilled to hear you are pregnant. It's going to be a whole new world...one I know you are excited to be in. I pray that you have as easy of a pregnancy and delivery as I did!

Stacey M.