Well, yesterday (June 11) was our 3 year anniversary! I can't believe it has been three years. These past three years have been wonderful and I only hope that we have many more together. Sorry, I don't have any pictures to post right now. I'm in the middle of packing up everything. I will try to post pictures of our dating life after I move.
Here is the story of how we got together:
We are high school sweethearts. We started dating when we were both 16. He was a junior in high school and I was a sophomore. My high school teammate, Mary Elizabeth, liked to play matchmaker with me. She found out that we both liked each other and had for some time. So, she took it upon herself to set us up (thanks Mary E, I owe you!). Our first get-together involved several friends. We went to Applebee's after a basketball game and then over to Mary E's house. After that night, we started spending more time with each other and eventually Matt asked me to be his girlfriend (I know, very old school but that is how it was done back then) on January 14, 1999 (sorry I remember dates pretty well). Our first official date was seeing "You've Got Mail" and eating at Ruby Tuesday's. We had a few bumps along the way like when he broke up with me his freshman year of college for 3 months (sorry Honey, had to throw that one in!), but in the end when both realized that God had made us for each other and that we were going to spend the rest of our lives with each other.
We had a semi-long distance relationship throughout college. He attended Lipscomb University in Nashville and I went to MTSU a year later. We both played a college sport (he played soccer, I played golf) which consumed most of our free time. It was great if we were able to see each other once every two weeks. During my senior year of college, he was in his first year of dental school in Memphis. That was a long year, but luckily I was busy planning a wedding!
This year our anniversary celebration is a trip to Atlanta. We were going with Matt's family to watch the Braves, but we decided to go down a couple of days early to do some sight seeing for a late anniversary trip. I will post pictures from this trip when we get back!
Oh, and I have a confession to make about my anniversary. I almost forgot it! I remembered it at about 2pm on June 10. I think because we are celebrating it late and we are moving this weekend that it hadn't even crossed my mind.
Do you all want to hear the proposal story? Or do you want to hear about any funny stories during our dating years? Let me know in the comments section!
Polar Plunge 2023
3 years ago

5 comments:
of course we want to hear about all of it! happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! When do ya'll move in? Can't wait to see your new house
Yes, all of it! :) I like the how you met story. Post more! And, pics!
MORE PLEASE!!! =) Very cute story! - LIli
Happy Anniversary! I hope the move went well. I love hearing all about how couples met. Post more:)
Post a Comment