Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Recent Happenings

Last Thursday was my brother's 24th birthday. I had him over for a steak dinner, and I also made this delicious strawberry cake. I was very happy with the way it turned out. The last time I tried to make a strawberry cake, the icing was so runny it just puddled at the bottom. I like the recipe I used this time much better.






Sunday night he had the opportunity to play at Bluebird Cafe here in Nashville. Many songwriters get their start in this little restaurant/lounge. I think his performance was great! He used Josh Turner's band. He sung 10 songs, all of which he had written or co-written. Maybe you all will see him on the CMA Awards one day :)

3 comments:

April Kay said...

Oh, the strawberry cake sounds yummy! Your house looks so cute, I'm dying to see it! And I wish we could have made it to the Bluebird! I've been once (back in Feb. or March) and it was so neat! That's so exciting that your brother is doing so well! Can't wait to hear his music!

Blessed said...

I went once in college to eat and hear a band. Cool place. Wish we were a little closer and maybe we could have made it. Keep us updated on him!

WanderingLili said...

You should post the recipe!!!