Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My How Time Flies!

I can't believe a month has gone by since my last post. My pregnancy is still going very well. I have to say that I think I got pretty lucky because I really haven't had any of the bad symptoms (knock on wood!). It seems like just yesterday we were telling everyone the good news, and now I'm over halfway through. Here are some belly pics:

20 weeks


22 weeks

The baby moves around all the time. It is the neatest feeling. The kicks get stronger and stronger with each week. One night as we were going to bed, I said "Owww!" Matt asked what was wrong, and I said the baby is really kicking hard. Prior to this, he had only felt little thumps so he was confused as to why that was hurting. I told him to feel the kicks, and when he did he was so surprised at how hard they were! I think we may have a little soccer player on our hands.

And just to make sure you are actually reading and not looking for pics (ha ha!), I want to share the names that Matt and I have picked out. If we have a little girl, we will name her Katie Grace. Matt really liked the name Kate or Katie, but we couldn't think of a good middle name to go with Kate, so that's why we chose Katie. If it is a boy, we will name him Jack Delton. Delton is my dad's and my grandfather's middle name. We both wanted to name the baby the actual name we would call him or her, not a longer name and then call him or her a nickname. That's why we didn't go with Katherine or Jackson or something like that. And we didn't want to call the baby by his or her middle name.

And for the family and dog-loving friends, here are some pictures of our current baby, Brinkley.

One day after the many rainy days we have had this spring, Brinkley found a mud puddle to play in. I know this is very mild and could have been much worse, but it was the dirtiest he had been.





Hanging out on the loveseat with his favorite toy, Bison our cat :)

Aren't I cute?



8 comments:

annecase said...

Brinkley is so cute and so are you! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Amy Ogles said...

I'm glad things are going so well. I hope they stay that way. I like the names! And of course Brinkley is so adorable.

Camels & Chocolate said...

I'm home reading/looking at the pictures with Jeanie! "Awwww, Stynch!"

Little Blue House said...

Kristin! That baby has grown so much!!! I love the names you picked out! Katie and Jack? Can't get much cuter than that! Brinkley is, of course, precious! Love you!

Sara W said...

I love the name choices. And thank you for wanting to name your baby what you're actually going to call him/her!!! Makes so much more sense and is easier on the child growing up. Haha. And I LOVE Brinkley- stinkin' adorable!!! good luck during the last 18 weeks! :)

WanderingLili said...

WOW! I can't believe you are over halfway through. The names are really good and Mr. B is lookin' good too! Miss you here.

Blessed said...

You look so cute! :)

I had a Katie Grace (called by the double name) in my class for two years in a row. She was and still is my favorite student ever! She holds a very special place in my heart, so I LOVE the name!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I love your little belly! You are going to be the best mama ever!