Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

5 months old

Wow!! Time has flown by!  I can't believe my baby is already 5 months old!  She is starting to sit up on her own and roll over (officially!).  It seems like she is doing something new everyday.  She makes a sound that sounds like "hi" but with a very strong southern accent :)  It is really cute!  We like to say it is her first word (haha).  She does it the most to our pets.  She will soon start veggies (squash, peas, carrots, green beans, and sweet potatoes).  She is growing out of her infant carrier, so we have already gotten a convertible carseat.  She rode in this when we went to see my parents.  It is nice because the seat is so big, but her head did seem to fall forward when she was sleeping.  I'm still holding out on putting it in my car, but I'm going to have to switch over soon.  She loves to give kisses, but she mainly uses this as a tactic to get to your hair.  Everything she grabs goes straight to her mouth, so I really have to be careful what is within her reach.  I found some DVDs called Baby Faith, and she LOVES them!!  I highly recommend them to anyone with an infant.  They work wonders when she is fussy.  I will just sit her in front of the TV, and she calms down.  They were great to play in the portable DVD player on our trip to and from Florida.  Unfortunately, I only packed one of the videos, so we watched the same thing over and over and over... :)  Oh well, it made the drive go much smoother.  I even tried to put a video I had brought for me to watch, and she pitched a fit, but immediately calmed down when I put hers back in (yes, I know.  Spoiled!)  It is so much fun staying home with her.  I'm so blessed that I am able to do this.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

No comments: