Height: 27 in (75%)
Weight: 19 lb. 1 oz. (90%)
Head circumference: 16 3/4 in (50%)
What a big girl! Katie Grace had a rough doctor visit. She received 2 extra shots (both types of flu shots). She was extremely fussy, most likely because she is not sleeping well at night. She wakes up multiple times during the night and won't calm down unless we (mostly me) pick her up. The doctor told us that we are going to have to get tough and just let her cry it out :( I'm all worked up just thinking about having to do this. She is also starting to teeth, so this just adds to the problem. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as I anticipate.
Side note to readers: As you can see, I am way behind on updating so I just wanted to share that she is sleeping much better at night, but she will still have some nights where she wakes up. We kind of weaned her our own way (in 4 days) by gradually not going in to pick her up. The night we quit going in she cried for 30 min, then less than 10 min the next night, and then not at all. This way was much less stressful for all of us.
She has started army crawling! She gets faster every day. The days are over where I can just lay her on her belly and expect her to be in the same place. Luckily, she still hasn't figured out how to roll from her back to her belly. She has mastered sitting up and is starting to figure out how to go from sitting to her belly so she can crawl. She is eating vegetables now and will soon start fruit. Her favorite veggies are yellow squash and peas. She is extremely clingy to me when it comes to bedtime. This makes it hard for me to be anywhere when it is time for her to go to bed (aka. can't really leave her with a babysitter right now), but I know I will miss this when she is older. As one of my friends told me, "Well, at least you know it is just a phase because she won't need you to help her fall asleep when she is 12!" Happy Half Year Birthday sweet angel!

No comments:
Post a Comment