Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 23, 2008

Crafting Lady

Since Matt will be putting in 100+ hours at the hospital each week for the next four years, I have decided to get on the crafting train. I have always enjoyed crafts, but I usually will do one and then 6 months or more will go by before I do something else. I am also trying to branch out and learn more crafts since normally all I do is cross-stitching and the occasional sewing project. Recently, I have been very busy. I have made a diaper cake for a baby shower, burp cloths and an outfit for a baby gift, a dress for a little girl's birthday, and a skirt for my self. Here are some pictures of my recent projects. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the baby gift. Oh, well. I'm sure I will make it again at some point in time.




























I am also learning to crochet. I am learning the basic stitches by putting an edging on a burp cloth and blanket. Crocheting is quite time consuming. Maybe once I get the hang of it I will be able to go faster. The good thing is that if you make a mistake you can easily pull it out and correct it. This is wonderful for a perfectionist like myself. :) I will post pictures of my crochet projects once they are complete. I am also working on a dress for myself. Hopefully, it will be done in time for Matt's graduation next week! Hope you all have a good Memorial Day weekend!


6 comments:

WanderingLili said...

WOW!!! I don't think I realized how crafty you are! The little dress is sooo cute! I can't wait to see the big girl one =)

Amanda's News said...

So talented!!

Blessed said...

You are super talented!!!! LOVE the dress, and you know I love the skirt! The diaper cake is super cute, too. I made one a few weeks ago and have been meaning to post it too!

loui said...

Umm when I saw you wearing that skirt, I almost asked you where you bought it--it is soooo cute!!!Great job.

Ashley said...

Love the crafting update! Was it the white dress you wore yesterday? I loved it!

ashley said...

why haven't you been giving us all lessons? i dream of being a crafty type person,... and by the way the only thing that would make your house cuter would be if it were in memphis!