Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Gas Shortage

I'm not sure if all of you know this, but Nashville is in a major gas crisis. Hardly any of the gas stations have fuel, and the ones that do have extremely long lines. Matt waited in line for over an hour today to fill up his new car (another post to come about this), and that was after he drove around for about 30 min to find a place that had gas. I was at work looking up places online and calling them to ask if they had fuel before he got there. It is insane! I just wanted to send out a warning to anyone that maybe traveling to or through Nashville this weekend. DO NOT PLAN ON GETTING GAS IN NASHVILLE! Oh, and if you are coming through, would you mind bringing extra for us?

Some of you may be wondering why there is a shortage. It all has to do with Hurricane Ike and the refineries in Houston. About 80% of the fuel received in Nashville comes from a pipline that originates in Houston. Since the refineries are not operating at full capacity, we are not receiving normal fuel shipments. The radio said that it should be up and running this weekend, but we will see about that. I have brought my work with me so I can work from home on Monday because my car is low in gas. So, for those of you driving around with full tanks, please appreciate it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Stynch, that's craziness! Well, at least gas isn't $5/gal there like it was in CA all summer, you have that to be grateful for!

WanderingLili said...

I saw this on the news yesterday! You are suposed to write the Govinor if you pay over $4 for gas. They did say ut should let up soon.

We're thinking of you guys and only going where we have to in your honor.

Sara W said...

Yeah, we were in Mount Juliet this past weekend and NO ONE had gas- my in-laws warned us before we got close so we could fill up outside of Nashville. It's ridiculous. Kroger got a shipment on Saturday morning and their gas was gone within 4 hours. They got another shipment later that day and there were about 50 cars in line. Thank goodness we were just going for groceries. Sheesh.

Amanda's News said...

Matt's brother (Rob) lives in Nashville and has told us about the gas shortage! That is crazy! Maybe this means more people are using public transportation? I have no idea how ya'll are getting around down there.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Hey girl, it took about 2.3-3 hours. I have made a bunch of bags so I didn't use a pattern or anything, I just made it up as I went along. Bags are SO easy. When I get home next week I'm going to do a little "how to" on making a bag with no pattern. Once I get something I hate using patterns. It's like cooking something the second time. You always think you can wing it. Hope the gas situation is better! Bryan and I have established that as another reason to move to a big city (no cars:)