Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

A New Addition to our Family

Meet Brinkley, our golden retriever puppy. He is 7 weeks old. He was born on October 31, 2008 (my birthday!). He is so sweet. Luckily, he has slept thru the night since we brought him home on Saturday.



This is a very common position :)



How we got the name: Matt and I started dating in high school, and our first date was to see "You've Got Mail." Joe Fox (played by Tom Hanks) had a golden retriever named Brinkley. We were trying to think of a name a few weeks ago, and Matt kept rejecting all of my ideas because he said it wanted the name to mean something. So, I thought of the movie, and Matt liked it. I'm sure I will have many more pictures in the future of Brinkley.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGGGGGGGGG, so cute! I want one =(

I'm having too much fun back in T-Town playing with my parents' dogs at the moment!

Unknown said...

How PRECIOUS! He is SO SO SO cute! :) I can't wait to see him.

Courtney said...

How cute! Grady would love him!

Jesse Faris said...

Precious! Congrats on your little bundle of fluff! I immediately knew where Brinkley's name came from--"You've Got Mail" is one of my absolute favorites!

WanderingLili said...

Like Jesse, You've Got Mail was the first thing that came to mind when you said his name was Brinkley. He is SUPER cute!

P.S. My friend Ashley (the puppy raiser) says that if he lays like this a lot to be sure to have the vet check his hips because he might be having trouble sitting the right way. Nothing to worry about, just something to look out for. =)

loui said...

So adorable!!!

annecase said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie pie! Makes me want another puppy...but then I remember the house training...but it's worth it!! Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!

April Kay said...

Oh girl, he is the cutest!!! I bet y'all are having so much fun with him! It's making me wish Trixie were a little baby again!! She has had two litters of puppies and they were the cutest thangs I have ever seen! My brother and I would dress them up like they were little dolls. :) Hope y'all are enjoying Christmas with your family! :)

andreabrosto said...

Oh my goodness! He is the CUTEST dog!! One of my favorite movies is "You've Got Mail"! I can quote almost every line!