OK, I know I haven't posted in forever. Matt and I went to St. Augusttine, Florida for a week during February. It was the first week of his two week vacation. Yes, it is nice that he gets a two week vacation, but it stinks in that he is told when he has to take it. We enjoyed seeing my parents and grandparents. One day while we were there we decided to drive over to Orlando and go to Epcot. I had never been to Epcot. It was a very neat place, but I don't think I would ever take my kids there because there isn't much for kids to do. I was able to ride 1 of the 3 main rides since I was pregnant. The one I rode is called "Soarin". It is a simulation ride that makes you feel like you are hang-gliding through the country. It was very neat, but I almost got sick!
While we were in Florida, our puppy became very sick, so we had to cut our vacation a day short. I'm so thankful we came back when we did. We will never really know what happened to him, but we and the vet have pretty much decided that he had a major neck injury that caused his retinas to shake up and down. He couldn't walk straight, had a hard time standing up, and would fall over easily. The night we came home he wouldn't even get up to drink water. We immediately took him to the pet emergency clinic (which my brother had already taken him the night before). Let's just say we wish we had pet insurance now! Thankfully he is doing much better now and acts like his normal self again. Matt and I didn't realize how attached we had gotten to the puppy. I can't imagine what we are going to feel like with our own child!
Last week I had my 14 week check up. Everything was great, and I heard the heartbeat again! I have my ultrasound on April 1. I can't wait! I have started feeling the baby moving! It is the neatest feeling. Right now, it just feels like little twitches inside my stomach. Matt really wants to see the baby move, so I hope that the kicks become more pronounced pretty soon for him. We registered this past weekend, and what a chore that was! There is so much stuff for babies out there it is hard to decide what you really need. I have some belly pics, but I just haven't downloaded them from my camera yet. So, sorry for a post without pics.
I do have a question for you moms out there. Does anybody know of a great photographer in Nashville or near Nashville that takes maternity pics as well as children pics but isn't extremely pricey? I'm starting to shop around for a photographer, and I have no idea where to start.
Check back later this week for my 12, 14, and 16 week belly pics!

4 comments:
about time you posted an update! :) Yes, we want pics!!!
Glad you posted!
I love Epcot! I've heard Everest is good. Isn't that at Epcot? Soarin is fun too! Glad you got away!
Andrea and April both have photographers they like! I'm sure they can give you some names!
I have a great photographer! I'll email you the info!
Hey girlie! Wow, you're really on the ball!! I didn't feel Mason move til about 23 weeks or so. I was getting kinda worried there, but once he started he NEVER stopped! I love the feeling, though! And we didn't register or start decorating the nursery til late. Our photographer is wonderful and soooo reasonable! Go to my blog and find "Pattycake Press" listed as one of my business blogs. Her name is Melissa Toms and she lives probably 30 seconds from you! We take Mason's pics at her house adn she uses all natural lighting.
Post a Comment