Everything is still going great with the pregnancy. I think I have been very blessed and had quite a smooth pregnancy so far. I just hope labor and delivery go just as smooth, but I know that isn't always the case.
And here are some pictures of the nursery. My mom made all of the bedding (quilt, bumper pads, crib skirt, diaper stacker, rocking chair pads) out of this cute fabric I found at Stitcher's Playhouse in Smyrna. I have taken several sewing classes at Stitcher's Playhouse. If you want to learn to sew or want to better your skills, I highly recommend this quaint little shop. Anyways, back to the pictures.
Here is a view of the room from the doorway. Matt's parents gave us the crib, changing table, and rocking chair. What a huge blessing! They had it at their house for the grandkids, but they have decided to sell their house and no longer wanted a room set up partially as a nursery.
This is the quilt. I made a copy of each animal from the animal print fabric, and then I blew them up so we could trace them for the appliques. Who know a copying machine would copy patterns on fabric!
This rocking chair used to be brown. After 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, and 1 coat of poly-acrylic, this is what it looks like. Matt did a wonderful job painting this. Thanks Honey!! It has spindles down the back just like the crib, so it was quite a tedious job. Needless to say, Matt doesn't want to paint anything in the near future :)
Matt also painted this changing table (2 coats of paint because it had already been spray painted white, and 1 coat of poly-acrylic) Another reason why he has had his fill of painting. At least he didn't have to paint the walls, right?
We still need to get a clothes hamper, mobile, and a couple of baskets to set on top of the chest of drawers to hold books. I also plan on putting up white letters above the crib once the baby is born. But for the most part, the major things are done just in case the baby comes early :)

13 comments:
OF COURSE Patti would be making all of your nursery furnishings, haha--looks great!
It looks great!!! And it looks completely ready for baby Nichols to get here! I can't wait to meet him/her!
You look great, Kristin! And the nursery is adorable. I love the valence!
I love everything! I can't wait to come see the nursery and that cute Nichols baby when it gets here in a few weeks. YAY!! Remember, call me if you need anything! Love you!
Very cute! You guys are prepared!
Yay! You're getting close and the nursery looks great...and so do you!
Sooooo nice!!!! You look AWESOME!!!
I am soooo excited for you. Congrats! Get some sleep if you can!
CUTE!!! Can't wait to see the baby! :)
Everything looks great! Ya'll did an awesome job :) Can't wait to meet that sweet baby!
YAY YAY YAY!! Keep us posted. :) It's wild to think my little ones came at 33 weeks!
such a sweet nursery! i love the bedding!!
I love your nursery!
Cousin Terri
Post a Comment