Matt's birthday is on the 4th of July. Mine is on Halloween. I wonder if our baby will be born on Labor Day? Anyways, Matt is a pyromaniac. He loves fireworks (watching and shooting them). He was really sad last year because he was on call on his birthday, and he didn't get to see any fireworks (except what they played on TV, which is nothing like seeing them in person). This year, he had the whole weekend off (Yea for not being a first year resident!). We celebrated with his family in Tullahoma.
On July 3, we went to a mini-airshow at the Tullahoma airport, that was followed by a fireworks display. Typically, the fireworks are held at the high school football stadium, but since the stadium is being rebuilt because it was condemned, they had to hold it somewhere else. And the law/rule says you can't have fireworks at the airport unless you have an airshow, hence the reason for the mini-airshow (there were only 2 planes). Here are a few pictures from that night:
Waiting for the airshow to start. This is our niece Lauren. She doesn't really like her picture taken, but she always wants to look at it after you take it.
Our new camera has a fireworks mode. I think the pictures turned out great!
On Matt's actual birthday, we went swimming at a friend's pool. We attempted to try out the underwater mode of our camera, but it was hard to see what we were actually taking a picture of because the pool was a salt water pool. Maybe we will be able to capture actual faces in a chlorine pool where the water is clearer. I still think that it gave us a good idea of what the camera can do.
That night was the at-home fireworks show. I think the fireworks the guys bought this year were the biggest ones they've had (and I've been around his family for 10 years now).
Brinkley didn't mind the fireworks at all. He had his very own seat :)
Since Matt's parents have been renovating their house, his mom hasn't unpacked everything yet. So, she didn't have any candles. The guys were innovative and used what they had :)
Happy 27th Birthday Matt! I love you! (I was about 31 weeks in this picture)

4 comments:
lol! Brinkley is sitting in a chair!! Cute!
Scott's birthday is 4th of July, too! I had forgotten that was Matt's also!
Happy belated birthday, Matt!
love you both,
Cousin Terri
Happy B-Day Matt
Post a Comment