Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

2 months old

Katie Grace received 5 shots and 1 oral vaccine at her 2 month checkup.  Luckily, Matt was able to be there with me, so I nominated him to hold her while the nurse stuck her little legs.  She slept for most of the day after that.  She didn't feel bad from the shots until two days later.  My mom and grandmother were here visiting when she felt bad, so it was nice to have the extra hands to help comfort her.

Here are her 2 month stats:
height: 23 in, 75th percentile
weight: 12 lbs 5 oz, 85th percentile
head: 45th percentile

Katie Grace has started to get chunky. All her little rolls are so cute!



Here are some funny faces she made while I was trying to catch a smile.


Things she is doing (this list is mainly for me so I can share it with her when she is older, but I thought some of you may enjoy it too):
-She is still a wonderful sleeper.  Now, she only gets up 1 time during the night and averages a 7 hour sleeping stretch before she wakes up.  We are so blessed to have a baby who loves to sleep at night.  She usually won't take her naps during the day in her crib, but that is usually ok because she will sleep in her swing, or sometimes I just like to hold her (and take a nap myself!)
-She has learned to like her car seat.  She no longer screams while she is in it.  She does usually require her pacifier though, which is fine with me.  I did buy her a new toy that plays music and lights up and this seems to help.
-She smiles all the time!  It is such the sweetest thing to go in and get her in the morning and she just gives you a great big smile.
-She loves to "talk" and wants you to talk back.  Her words consist of goo, guhhh, ahhh, ohhh, and she also likes to make noises while she blows bubbles at you.
-She has started to drool alot and loves putting her hands in her mouth.  I'm sure she will find her thumb pretty soon.
-She loves watching her crib mobile and the fish mobile over her swing.  She just talks and squeals at the animals as they go by.
-She will follow me or Matt if we leave the room and she was looking at us when we started to leave.
-She will turn to the sound of our voices when we are across the room.

1 comment:

annecase said...

I love the rolls! Too cute!