Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Banking Tips

I have two tips dealing with banks for all of you.

1) I use SunTrust for all of my personal banking. Little did I know that if you change your address online, they cannot send you checks or a new debit card for 30 days once you change your address. So, I have ahd quite a dilemma since I have moved. My debit card expired at the end of June. According to SunTrust, my new one was mailed out to me at the end of May (so I should have received it before I left Memphis). Well, I never saw the card in the mail. Yesterday, I call the customer service department and they explain to me that they now have to put a "block" on my debit card since the one they mailed out is the same card number as the one I have and they have deemed it lost. Which, I am thankful for this rule because I was nervous that someone had my "lost" debit card and would have access to my bank account. So, I must wait 18 more days before a new card will be sent to me. I can't even use it at the ATM machine. Oh, how we have been spoiled with technology :)

2) This next tip is for all of you who will be moving for a residency and buying a house. USE COMPASS BANK! This is the bank Matt and I used for our mortgage and they are wonderful! We didn't have any hang ups, the closing costs were less than half of what all the other banks quoted us, and all of the paperwork was done weeks before our closing day. Our real estate agent and the attorney at closing couldn't say enough about how on top of things this bank is and they have never seen anything go this smoothly before. Compass Bank has a loan called a physician's loan and they don't take into consideration your student loans, so you can get a better rate. Our contact was Keitha Goodwin. She always responded within an hour of when you sent her an email. If you want her contact information, I will be more than happy to share it with you.

That's all I have for now. Check back later this week. I plan on posting pictures of my new appliances and some of the other rooms in the house that I have finished decorating.

2 comments:

April Kay said...

Can't wait to see new pics of your house! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

WanderingLili said...

Are they a nation wide bank or just Nashville?? Iso, YES please please please send contact info! You are AWESOME to post these tips. Thanks!