Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

House Pics

Here are some pictures of rooms that are pretty much finished in my house.

Master Bedroom
We just lack putting a few pictures up on the wall.



Second bathroom-before

Second bathroom-after
Doesn't the yellow look much better than the bright blue? It makes the room seem bigger and more calm.



Kitchen-before




















Kitchen-after












I love my new appliances! Home Depot was having a really good sale around July 4th, so we were able to put these appliances in sooner than we expected. But, we did learn a valuable lesson. We thought that it would be easy to install the refrigerator and dishwasher ourselves. Boy, we were wrong. All we had to do to the fridge was hookup the icemaker to the water line. Well, the old water line was copper and it had a hole in it after the delivery guy disconnected it from the old fridge. So, that was one trip to the hardware store. Then, the dishwasher was huge hassle because new floors had been put down without the dishwasher being taken out so there was a huge lip to manuever over. The connections for the dishwasher were old as well and we had to make a second trip to the hardware store. It took us an entire afternoon and evening, but we finally finished. I think the next time we will just save ourselves the hassle and pay the installation fee.

8 comments:

WanderingLili said...

Oh Kristin, it look ssoooooo GREAT!!! I do like the yellow much better than the blue. Much more Bright and happy! The Kitchen also looks GREAT!!! Who knew you and Matt were so handy?! I bet being in your own home is so exciting. Keep up the Great Deco work!! Can't wait to see more pics.

Amanda's News said...

I just love all those new appliances! I bet you just enjoy looking at them:) Your bathroom definitely looks better yellow! It is coming along:)

Blessed said...

I love it!! So cute! And, I can't believe you've already done so much in a such a short time. I will for sure have to come see you next time I am in town, and I will get some of my girls together for you to meet. April has been talking about getting together with you. Has she contacted you yet?

Miss yall.

Courtney said...

Everything looks GREAT!

annecase said...

I know you're having such a great time getting it all just the way you want it. Everything is looking GREAT!

April Kay said...

Love the silver kitchen applicances! I wish our kitchen was updated!! Can't wait to see the rest of your house (and you! :))!

ashley said...

cutie kitchen! we're about to start painting too. it's amazing how much changing the color of the wall can make a difference! love the bathroom

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Can you give me a hint as to what you use to punch the holes around the burp cloths:) I promise not to steal your business. I just want to know what you use to punch the holes? Is it a large needle with out the thread in your machine? Hint...please? Love your decor!