Here are pics that were taken at 28 weeks. I can't believe we let so much time go by without taking a picture of my belly. Oh well!



Everything is going smoothly with my pregnancy. I passed my glucose tolerance test after having to take it a second time. No, I did not fail it the first time. My test was lost because the day I first went in the computers crashed later that morning and the lab had no record that I had ever been there! So, needless to say I have had my fill of that nasty orange liquid they make you drink.
A few weeks ago I couldn't go one night without my right calf cramping up. It was a very intense pain. But, I decided to fork out the money for a full body pregnancy pillow, and it has been worth every dime! I haven't had leg cramps in quite a while, and I don't wake up near as much because I am uncomfortable. The pillow I bought is the one made by Boppy. I highly recommend it to any of you who may be pregnant and have a hard time sleeping.
Last week, we received really sad news about our puppy Brinkley. We found out back in December at his first vet visit that he had a heart murmur. In February, he had an echocardiogram (I think that is what it was called) done to see how severe it was. He was diagnosed with a subaortic stenosis. This is where a piece of tissue is growing around and into his aorta below his heart, which if it continues to grow it will eventually cause major blockage and backup in his aorta, possible heart attack, or heart disease. Whatever they measure was at 33.5 in February. Last week, he was retested and measured 72 which is a significant increase in such a short time frame. The vet really couldn't tell us how long he will live, but it definitely won't be a normal life. She pretty much told me that he will most likely die of sudden death one day. He is now on heart medication that Matt prescribes all the time to humans. He says it is a beta-blocker that doesn't allow his heart to get above a certain rate or something like that. Luckily, it is pretty cheap, so we don't mind giving it to him if it will prolong the time we have with him. So, on a brighter side, I leave you with this picture :)

3 comments:
Oh, no, Kristin, that is terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how attached you can get to your pets and can't imagine. Enjoy every minute with him!
You look fantastic!
1. You look absolutely adorable.
2. I am so incredibly sad for you and Matt! I know how hard it is for you. Keep me updated!
Oh Kristin! so sad about Brinkley. Our Kitty, Kitty Sticks has a heart murmur but it has been stable since they found it when she was a kitten.
Post a Comment