I went to Memphis the last week/weekend of May because my work had a baby shower for me. Thursday night, I stayed in Lexington (TN not Kentucky) with my former college roommate, Grace. My other college roommate, Jennifer, also lives in Lexington, so I was able to visit with them for a while.
Jennifer, me, and Grace
On Friday, I headed to Memphis for my shower. We ate lunch at Germantown Commissary (my favorite BBQ place in Memphis). I had been craving BBQ nachos for a very long time! Nothing beats Memphis BBQ, and Matt and I sure do miss it. I even stopped back by Germantown Commissary on my way home Sunday to bring some back for Matt to eat. Oh, and I also brought some of their banana pudding back. Yum, yum!!
On Friday, I headed to Memphis for my shower. We ate lunch at Germantown Commissary (my favorite BBQ place in Memphis). I had been craving BBQ nachos for a very long time! Nothing beats Memphis BBQ, and Matt and I sure do miss it. I even stopped back by Germantown Commissary on my way home Sunday to bring some back for Matt to eat. Oh, and I also brought some of their banana pudding back. Yum, yum!!
My shower was Friday afternoon. I received many wonderful gifts that will be very useful once the baby is here. This is a picture of my cake. The animals look just like the animals in my nursery fabric! I was so surprised when I saw the cake.
Heidi (a co-worker) knit this baby blanket in 3 weeks! I couldn't believe it. It is so soft, and I know our baby will love cuddling up in it.
I received a large group gift. Here is the poem that described it. Can you guess what it is?
Yep, a pack 'n' play!
I stayed with my friend Anne for the weekend. Her little boy Case is so cute! (but I forgot to take a picture of him, so you will just have to check out her blog) On Saturday morning, we went to the farmer's market in downtown Memphis, then we had a brunch at Bronte in Davis Kidd bookstore with some of the girls from my former Sunday school class, the Bridge Builders.
L to R: Anne, Jesse, Mandi, me, Kristin, and Jean
Here is Matt's favorite gift I received (I'm being sarcastic). This is from my fellow Florida fan, Laura. Our baby is going to look so cute in this when he or she is cheering for the Gators!
I also received our baby monitor as a gift from all the girls. Thanks Bridge Builder girls for making that such a special day for me. I miss you all!
Saturday afternoon, Anne and I went to a matinee to see "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" starring Jennifer Garner and Matthew McConaughey. It was really good! I hadn't been to the movies in a long time, and I couldn't believe that the matinee cost more than what the night time shows cost when Matt and I first started dating!
Thank you everyone for all the wonderful gifts and a wonderful weekend in Memphis! I hope that Matt can come with me the next time I come for a visit.

3 comments:
You look SO cute! Hate I had to miss the shower.
I will come see you sometime when I'm in town!
Looks like you had a great weekend! It was so wonderful seeing you! Miss you tons!
Looks like you guys had LOTS of fun!
Post a Comment