Yep, at my 37 week checkup today, we discovered that our little one is breech. The doctor says there is still time for the baby to turn, so we shall see. It was always in the back of my head that this baby could possibly be breech. I guess you could call it mother's intuition. Even though the doctor checked me last week and said the baby was head down, I still wasn't 100% convinced, but I didn't say anything. Today, when she was feeling my stomach I was explaining to her how most always I can feel a really hard lump on the left side of my stomach and a large mass on the right. She felt the hard lump and got this strange look on her face. So, she brought in an old-school ultrasound machine, and lo and behold it was the head we were feeling at the top of my uterus.
There are several outcomes with this, so I am just going to take it one week at a time. Next week, I will have another ultrasound to determine if the baby is still breech. If it is, then there are several decisions we will have to make. I won't go into details just yet. Please pray that the baby will turn on its own and will stay that way!
Oh, and if any of you know of a home remedy I could try and get the baby to turn, please send it my way. My doctor said to try anything because there really isn't anything scientific that they know of that will make the baby turn.
Polar Plunge 2023
3 years ago

4 comments:
no home remedy here, but you look great! looks like you have a basketball in your shirt
I know it isn't what you planned in your head- but C-sections are not as scary or as bad as some make them sound! I really had a great experience if that is what comes of this. I'll be praying for you though! :) :) :)
We'll be praying for Baby Nichols! Keep us updated!!
Praying that your little one learns to stnad on their head very quickly!
Post a Comment