Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Meet Katie Grace

Our beautiful daughter was born on August 25, 2009 at 3:14am (which explains why we look so tired in the first couple of pictures). She weighed 7 lbs and 13 oz and was 21 in long. Right now, her eyes are the typical blue that most babies are born with. We think that she has Matt's nose, lips, and ears and that she has my hair and chubby cheeks. Having a child of your own is an undescribable feeling. We love her so much. Her daddy is really smitten by her as you will see in some of the pictures to come in other posts.







So far, she is an excellent sleeper. I usually only have to get up 1 time during the night if I have to get up at all. She has already had a couple of nights where she slept for 6 straight hours! Matt says that it will be funny if she sleeps well while my parents are here to help, and as soon as they leave she will start waking up all the time. I said he is probably right, but I'm going to enjoy these nights of rest while I have them :) It is also nice that she sleeps in her crib, so that we (hopefully) won't ever have to worry about her sleeping in our bed. She has taken to her pacifier, but so far she doesn't have to have it in her mouth all of the time. I hope that she doesn't ever get that way.





5 comments:

Stephanie Miller said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! Enjoy your sleep!

Mandi said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I hope she continues that great sleep for you!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I LOVE her! SO PRETTY! congrats!! Blogs are so much more fun when there are babies on them:)

Courtney said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet sweet Katie Grace :)

Amy Ogles said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for yall!