Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Don't Mess with a Woman's Kitchen

Sometime last week Matt was baking some nachos and asked me which pan to use. I told him which one, and he proceeded to grab the pan and yank until it came out of the drawer (he may say this is an exaggeration, but I'm just telling it like I saw it). As I see his method of getting the pan out of the drawer (you know, the one under the stove), I tell him that it works best if you pull out the pans that are in the way and then put them back once you have your pan out. He decided to do it his way. Well, all his pulling managed to flip some pans around where they don't belong. When I went to put the pan away after it was clean, I couldn't get the drawer open. Luckily, he was on his way home, so I just waited for him to see the problem he caused. After about 30 min of trying to push the pans back in place using a wooden dowel, an idea popped in my head. I said what if we slide out the stove and see if we can't get the pans from the back. Lo and behold, there was a hole where Matt could stick his hand in and pull out enough pans so that the drawer would open again. But before he did this, I managed to snap a few pictures.




After we were able to open the door, I asked him if he had learned a lesson and would listen to my advice about the kitchen in the future. He said, "I just won't go in there anymore." :) Luckily, he was just joking. Moral of the story is men should listen to their wives when they give out tips about how to function in the kitchen. They aren't nagging; they really are trying to be helpful.

5 comments:

Stephanie Miller said...

That is too funny!! It's the whole patience thing ya know? Glad you shared the pictures with us!! A good Friday laugh!!

WanderingLili said...

PRICELESS!!! You can say "Honey, remember the time you didn't listen to me and you emded up on your back in the kitchen..."

The pics are Great! Oh but the question is, were the natchos worth it? If they are anything like Jeremy's Natchos then the answer is "HECK YEAH!!!"

Camels & Chocolate said...

Hahahaha, Moral #2: Kristin Lynch Nichols is never wrong! (Tis true!)

Blessed said...

You're so funny! Love the pictures of Matt.

Sarah :) said...

Funny! That is a story for the record books!

Girl, word is that you figured out the burb cloths. I'm definitely interested. Let me know what you have.

Sarah:)