So, I figured I would post an update since it has been a while. I always feel like I need to have pictures when I make a post, but I decided it is OK to post without pictures.
I went to Florida to visit my parents and grandparents the first weekend of August. It was a much needed break, and I was glad to visit with alot of family I hadn't seen since Thanksgiving. I took my camera, but like typical me, I didn't take it out once to take a picture. I really need to get better at taking pictures. So, for those of you anticipating a picture of me and my mom, you will have to wait. I may try to dig up an older one sometime.
The house is coming along. I pretty much have everything done (minus curtains and a few decorative pieces I have yet to find) expect for the guest bedroom. I have bought two dressers for the room off of Craigslist (great website by the way if you are looking to redecorate for cheap). Now, I just need to arrange a time with Matt's parents to swap out beds and then I can buy bedding and paint and I will be done. We were so blessed to find this house because it didn't need any major work done. Everything we have done has been all cosmetic.
Going through residency is the toughest thing I have ever done in my life (and I'm not the one actually in the residency). I'm so thankful that our marriage is so strong, and this is only making it stronger. Matt's typical day is he leaves the house between 5:30 and 6:00am depending on how many patients he has to round on (check to see if anything changed overnight) in the morning. Monday and Tuesday are surgery days, so he pretty much stands for hours upon hours. These can be really long, boring days for him. He typically gets home from surgery days no sooner than 7pm (although there have been days when he didn't get home until 10pm, and yesterday was a miracle day because he was home by 5:30pm). Wednesday he has consults all day. They usually see 30+ patients on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are usually when they do all of their extractions, implants, etc. There can be surgeries on any day of the week (yes, even Saturday and Sunday), which makes the days even longer. Plus, he has to take call as well. He has a long stretch of being on call right now. It started August 8, and he is on call every other day until August 20! Thankfully, there will be "easier" rotations through out the next 4 years so it will give him some much needed down time. Oh, and most days he doesn't eat lunch before 2pm IF HE GETS TO EAT AT ALL!!!! Yes, he has lost some weight because of this (not that he needed to lose any).
I'm still trying to get used to this whole new "life" of being a resident wife. Some days are easier than others, but I think I am figuring it out. We have started visiting a church that will hopefully become our church home and I will be able to make some friends here in Nashville. I still plan on getting a puppy, but I'm not sure when that will be. We are trying to train our cats to use a cat door Matt installed a few weekends ago. They are starting to figure it out, so I think that within the next couple of weeks they will be pros at it. Our male, Bison, caught on a bit quicker than our female, Princess. She will sit at the door and meow to come in or go out when all she has to do is walk through the cat door. But, last night we couldn't find her, and she had gone through the cat door into the garage but couldn't figure out how to get back in. So, that's a huge step for her. Bison will go in and out just fine, but I don't think he has caught on that he can do it when we aren't home.
Well, that's all I have for now. My life isn't very exciting right now, so I don't know when I will post again, but hopefully next time I will have pictures.
Polar Plunge 2023
3 years ago

6 comments:
So glad to see your still there! Wow, I can't imaginge what you are going through with Matt being gone so much. Hang in there--thinking of you and missin' ya.
Yay for an update! Get some pics up of your kitties, por favor =)
My cousin Andrew (remember him?) is in his fourth year of med school and is about to start applying for his residency, and I already feel sorry for his poor wife--he'll be working like 100-hour weeks, and she works from home, which I think makes it even harder! Plus, they'll be relocating wherever he gets in, so she won't necessarily know anyone. But I'll come visit you when I come back in TN and keep you company =)
Thanks for the update. I am definitely not looking forward to residency, poor guys, the things they go through! Crafting should keep you busy, right?
Love and Prayers!
We are thinking of you and praying for you! Hang in there and keep blogging and crafting. They bothe should make the time pass faster! Love you girl!
P.S. I think their is a SBS chapter in your area that is trying to start up. You should e-mail them to find out when and where they meet.
Hey!! Hang in there! Time will fly!! I cannot believe that Marc is already applying for jobs!! He finishes residency next summer and then we will move into a completely new and different chapter in our lives! I cannot believe that we have already been through all these years of college, med school, and residency together and that the journey is almost over! You will be saying this same thing before you even know it. You will get so used to the long hours that Matt will be gone, it will become 2nd nature. What kind of crafting do you do? By the way, Marc and I lead a Life Group for our church and they're starting back up again soon. We would love for y'all to come visit our group one Sunday night! It's full of young married couples and it's so nice to have a small group of people you can get to know really well.
I'm not checking my work email. You can email me at annecase@hotmail.com. And I don't have your email address at home either, so I thought I'd just post a comment...I'll be here on the 27th and would love to see you. Do you have my cell phone #?
Post a Comment